Sunday, April 29, 2007

a fissure

i had a dream that a fissure began along the center of the top of my head (that's an awful lot of prepositions)....my forehead had risen considerably and two distinct shapes were now developing....my head was dividing in two...but only from above my eyebrow region...

in my dream, as i awoke my head felt...heavy...disproportionate...my neck seemed weak and failing under the weight of this massive structure that was now my head(s?)...

the looking glass revealed a loss of hair along the fissure...or perhaps...it was not so much a loss of hair (primarily because i had not noticed any loose hairs lying about my pillow)...it was as though the skin had stretched...taut...the bald, empty space inhabited by a few lonely hairs was the stretched space...

i panicked in my dream...my hands jerked over my hand, not realizing that nothing i could do would minimize the enormous growth...

it was in that moment...that i knew the tears would not come...i couldnt cry!...feeling my chest expand and retract with every heaving breath i held my head(s?) in my hands....my fingers grazing over the fissure....the displacement of my head (mind?)...oddly enough, my head resembled a distorted heart shape...the uniqueness of it....both bewildered and frightened me...

whence had this anomaly come from?...why must i be burdened with it?...was it a burden?...

in my dream, i never left home again...i contemplated my metamorphosis...was it a divine solution to an earthly dilemma?...

if so...what was the earthly dilemma?...why would i imagine it to be a divine solution?

maybe because if such a transformation were to occur it would be a good reason to call in sick to work..."yes, i'm calling in deformed today...and probably will be out indefinitely"

0 curious people say...: