Tuesday, February 19, 2008

presidential rally - a cult?

a friend of mine invited me to go to the obama rally tonight...why? i asked...am i even remotely interested in obama?..not really...or hillary for that matter...dont get me wrong, i am glad that there is such a national interest in the democratic candidates because it means people are actually thinking...well, sorta...and participating...

but, i am so not a rally kind of girl...all those people flocking around their messiah kinda gives me the creeps...those who hang on to every word...please...someone else wrote those lines 9 times out of 10...

oh, but you dont understand, my friend tells me, it's OBAMA!!!...wait, did she just squeal??...she sounds more like she is getting ready to go to a cock...er, i mean rock concert...her eyes get all lit up...she goes on and on and tells me why he's the perfect candidate...and in doing so she reminds me a bit of a person in a cult...the glazed eyes, state of euphoria...i told her, well, if they pass around punch - dont drink it!

while i have nothing against obama, he does nothing for me...all words and no action...eh...typical...and hillary...damn...she scares me..like if i were to run into her in a back alley i think she might rape me...or worse...take me home to bill...ewww...

in the meantime, i'll just keep my eyes glued to the net in case roger clemens says that while he saw the hgh, knew what it was, realized the dangers..."i did not have injections of hgh!"

cg

2 curious people say...:

Percy said...

well politics aside.... you can figure mine out from my rants from time to ttime.... BUT I read this joke... well partial joke..


Ben and Jerry's decided to name a flavor of ice cream around Obama.. they are calling it Cherries for Change...well this guy writes.. " I thought Barrok-n-Road would be better"

LOL.... not that really did make me laugh out loud...

curiousgirl said...

hahahaha...that was a good one...i laughed out loud!