Thursday, October 16, 2008

"you can have my cherry"

i am babysitting for a friend tonight...her very precocious five-year-old sdaughter has told her mother AND father on more than one occasion over the years "cg has pretty bras, mom, you should go shopping with her and get some like hers!"...she has been with me when i have done my laundry and says "my mom needs bras like these! she only wears white ones"...

her father laughs and says "oh, really?"...it is an ongoing joke now that one of these days i will take my friend to get some bras that her husband will enjoy...

anyhow, tonight as we were driving in the car, she pipes up from her car seat in the back, "hey, will you tie a cherry stem in your mouth?...my mom and dad said that you know how"...

my sister quips "she doesnt have a cherry", to which sis and i both laugh...

we go to the restaurant for dinner and she asks the waiter for some cherries in a bowl...he sets them down and smiles at her "you must like cherries"...

to which she replies "they are for cg...she doesnt have a cherry and she needs one...here, cg, you can have my cherry...did you know she can tie a cherry stem in a knot with her mouth?...my dad says she can tie a DOUBLE knot in her mouth!"

ah, out of the mouths of babes...

cg

10 curious people say...:

Apollo Unchained said...

Cuuuute! I love this stuff. I have four kids and they're all grown. No grandkids yet so I miss this kind of talk.

But sometimes old folks come out with the cute sayings. Like the time my mother was helping me put together a swing set for the kids and she said, "I'll hold and you screw."

curiousgirl said...

it was a trip, i'll tell you that...and the thing is she had no idea why all three of us were laughing so hard...lol...old folks, huh...and just how old was your mother at the time??...not THAT old i'm sure lol...

cg

comfydildo said...

awww!! If i still had my cherry I'd share with you.

At my party on mon night, I offered my boyfriend the cherry off my sundae. He declined, so i proceeded to offer it to my (male) BFF and then darling's brother. Finally the girl sitting next to me took it. I said under my breath, I've always wanted to give a girl my cherry. Darling was the only one not laughing. He knows too much.

curiousgirl said...

@comfy - hehehe...i can hear you saying that...so why wasnt he laughing?...

cg

Anonymous said...

Good thing no one ordered a banana split.

comfydildo said...

Because everyone else thought it was a joke, He knew I was serious.

DnWormer said...

Yeah, gotta be careful what you say around kids because it will be repeated.

bdenied said...

Im proud to say that never in my life have I popped a cherry...someone always popped it before me....and the tale continues

Percy said...

nice bra's ? SO how nice..
We haven't seen ANY of that part of you.
AND what else could you do with such a dexterous tongue?
I can only imagine!

curiousgirl said...

@petitemort - lol...she actually asked me yesterday "cg, will you teach me to do that when i get bigger? i think grown up tongues are stronger than kid tongues, so i gotta wait til i'm at least 16." i had NO reply to that one!

@mnwhr - so i wonder what happens between that age and adulthood when they NEVER remember anything you tell them lol

@bdenied - the only cherry i "popped" was my first's...and he got mine as well ;)

@percy - get yer noggin out of the gutter!

cg